Monday, May 20, 2013

The Ways We Spend Our Days (a guest post from the best dog in Beer Sheva), by Angel Eads


Hana Puppy
Hi Everyone! My human friend is still tired from finals so I will be writing a special dog blog today.  My name is Hana Puppy.  The human friend calls me Puppy Guppy, Sweet Girl and You Big Naughty, but I also occasionally answer to double finger snaps and always answer to the sound of food bags rustling.   I’m about five years old and have been hanging out with my human friend for 3 of those years.  She’s okay for the most part, although I wasn’t too thrilled when she put me in a crate, stuck me in a loud and noisy dark place for twelve hours and then told me we had moved to a new place where there was no bacon.


The human friend tells me this is for a blog on the internet.  I don’t know much about the internet other than that it’s where the human friend spends most of her time.  Still, between all the internet using and occasional class going, the human friend and I do have some fun adventures together.

Sometimes we go for walks.


Sometimes we work on our suntans.


Sometimes we grow kale and herbs on our porch.  (I’m more moral support for this activity)












Sometimes the human friend makes a vermicomposter and then we walk to sketchy parts of B7 after dark to get worms from someone the human met on the internet.   In these cases it’s also wise to take along a 2nd human friend like our awesome roommate Becky (who also gives the best ear scratches).















Sometimes the human friend bakes peanut butter cookies, but refuses to share them with me, no matter how pitiful I look.



















Sometimes we admire Beer Sheva’s new “beach” park.

Sometimes I count the number of days it’s been since I’ve had bacon, but this usually makes me so sad that I have to lie down and take a nap.

While I miss tasty pork products and fenced dog parks, I’ve still found lots of big and little ways to spend my days here in Beer Sheva.  Both the human friend and I agree: it’s been a pretty good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment