Friday, December 19, 2014

Exam week trivia, by blogger of the month Jixi He

I thought I might not have much to say for this last week of blogging due to the exams. We had a bacteriology exam and Hebrew final on Sunday, and biochemistry final on Thursday. However I realized that the excitement of life doesn’t go away during exam’s week as long as I keep my eyes open. Hence I’ve slowed down to smell some roses and gathered some trivia from the past week that’s not related to biochemistry. You know how hard it is:

Photos:
1. We finally got our ASRAN cards – proof that we’re medical students!

















2. My desk before the biochemistry final. Yes, I was multitasking all those books.


















3. Can you guess what is this strange looking UFO building, where I spend most of my daytime before an exam? I bet our library is cooler than yours.















4. The library’s got a great view too: the helicopter pad. A helicopter landed one morning and some soldiers came down with a stretcher just like in a movie. What better place to learn emergency medicine than in Israel?















5. Before the biochemistry final, I spotted the most beautiful sunset on my way to school. Thanks to our NBME exam time (5pm in order to be in sync with North America) I was able to witness this beauty of nature that not everyone can see everyday.




6. After the biochemistry final, my breath was again taken away by the mesmerizing sky with the cotton candy like clouds and an almost-full moon.


















7. I found this Chinese rice snack I had always loved as a kid in a nearby supermarket. The excitement was comparable to seeing a long lost childhood friend on a lonely island, and knowing that my friend now speaks Hebrew too.










       8-10. A Shabbat dinner with Chinese food is the best! I’m pleasantly surprised after coming to Israel that I’ve had way more frequent Chinese food gatherings in the past 6 months than my past 6 years in the US. We have much less Chinese students here but probably also because of that; we are a much tighter community. Whenever I get to taste Chinese food I feel like I’m on an express plane back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment