Friday, June 7, 2013

Beer-sheva's "Beach", by Sakal Kiv

On those occasions I am not drowning in Endocrinology and learning about hormones that gush out of our glands and flow down lymphatic or hematogenous course ways, I try to take a walk with my family to the “Beach,” an affectionate nickname given to the fountain park that has recently opened in the neighborhood. It is a nice place where our family can go and enjoy ourselves. It is just as much fun to the kids (and a lot less expensive for us!) as any water park. It is even better at night, when all the gushers light up with lots of bright colors. It is such a contrast to the hot summer sun. I like to hear and feel the cool, crisp water. It shoots up and down. It rains all around. The lights seamlessly morph from one mesmerizing color to another. Everything is synced to create this cool dancing effect. Majestic palm trees line the way and plenty of leafy plants and flowers bloom in the perimeter landscaping. Adults chatter away as they sit under the wooden shelter made to look like an impressive giant wave. All the kids are laughing, playing, and splashing. Some try to sit on a jet of water. Others try to run through as many as they can. Another group is playing tag in the middle of the pillars of water. Parents are snapping pictures while others are gently coaxing some of their shyer and younger ones to brave the water. Some walk their dogs along either the boardwalk or the path made to look like a sandy beach. Aside from actually being at the Mediterranean, this is not a bad place to be, especially since it is only a few blocks away. Of course, we often come home with our children soaking wet. Faith and I rinse them off in the shower, change them into dry pajamas, and sing a bedtime song like this one:

I've got river of life
Flowing out of me,
Makes the lame to walk
And the blind to see;
Opens prison doors,
Sets the captives free,
I've got a river of life
Flowing out of me.

Spring up, O well
Within my soul,
Spring up, O well
And make me whole.
Spring up, O well,
And give to me

That life abundantly.

-blogger of the month Sakal Kiv

No comments:

Post a Comment